Friday, March 30, 2012

Collar Tantrums

Kai HATES it when we try to put on or take off his collar.  He tantrums and Shiba screams.  It's like we are trying to KILL him.  He sometimes will sulk for hours afterwards.  Such a drama queen!

We had to take his collar off the other day because it was starting to get a little snug for the rapidly growing puppy, and neither Chris or I wanted to attempt putting it back on after the drama Kai put up when we took it off!  But we can't take Kai anywhere without a collar/leash.  So Chris was able to be sneaky about it this morning, after I left for work.  Chris held the collar at his side, and when Kai's back was turned he quickly snuck the collar on.  Chris said that Kai didn't even scream!  I am very impressed, because it's usually difficult to get that collar on the pup even with two people.

Chris sent me this photo after he successfully collared Kai.

This collar is a standard nylon Lupine.  I just ordered a martingale collar for Kai because I'm worried about him being able to back out of a standard collar.  Right now, his head is bigger than his neck, but I've read a lot about how Shibas can back out of collars once their head and neck are about the same width.  It would be very traumatic to lose him on a walk that way.  I guess Chris will have to use his ninjalike sneak attack on Kai again once we get the new collar!

This photo has nothing to do with collars, but it makes me laugh every time I look at it.  Kai fell asleep on the couch the other night on Chris's lap, and somehow his head ended up resting in Chris's crotch. 

an interesting place for a puppy nap

1 comment:

  1. He is such a dramatic little thing. Those screams are blood curdling. Looks like both ears are up?

    ReplyDelete