Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cat vs. Puppy

Molly getting ready to bitch-slap the monster
We have had Kai for nearly a month now, and not much has changed on the Molly front.  Kai still wants to play, puppy style, with Molly, and Molly would greatly prefer to pretend that Kai is not actually in the room.  Molly is tolerant of Kai, to a certain extent, but when he starts barking and/or pinning her down, she hisses and starts swatting.  I get worried about her getting a claw in Kai's eye, so I remove him when it gets to that point.  But then I wonder if I am preventing him from learning.  And part of me wonders if they actually ARE playing, both of them, and I am the one who doesn't understand.  Molly never gets that puffy tail or arched back with him, like cats do when they are really upset.  But she definitely doesn't sound happy when she's hissing at him!


We did have a nice moment with the two of them, though, last night.  Kai was getting sleepy while watching tv, so I brought him on my lap to sleep a bit.  He eventually rolled so that most of his body was on the couch.  Molly (who usually gets the lap) came over after a while and decided that the lap looked okay, even with the monster puppy near it.  So she claimed her space.  It was so cute!  Kai even woke up after a while and started licking Molly's face.  She wasn't really into that, though.  Maybe someday they will be friends...

temporary truce.
Kai giving Molly kisses!


Molly didn't really enjoy the kisses so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment