Wednesday, March 21, 2012

ANOTHER accident?!

Two days in a row, two accidents, after a month of being so good?  WHY?!

Kai had just been outside, less than 15 minutes ago, when he decided to wander into the dining area.  I walked in there after him and there he was, peeing on my area rug.  Once again, I grabbed him and said NO and put him outside.  It's always fun to put your half-eaten dinner aside and let it get cold while you soak up puppy urine.  Sigh.

I wish we had something that we could gate off that area with, so that he can't wander over there when we're in other parts of the house.  All his accidents have been in the same area of the dining room, so I'm starting to worry that he thinks that the dining room is his indoor toilet.  I am NOT okay with that.  I've been using Nature's Miracle to clean up the messes, but he still keeps going back to the same general area when he decides he wants to be a bad boy.

We are going to try removing his water bowl around 7pm to see if that helps with the evening accidents.  And I think we'll have to not let him hang out in the dining area for a while.  He likes sitting under the table to chew his toys, but he'll have to use a different spot for that.

I just don't understand why he was so good about not pottying in the house for the first month, and then now he's done it twice in two days.  So basically I'll be buying two new area rugs next year, I guess... he has eaten three holes in the living room rug and pottied a few times on the dining room rug.  Oh well.  You can't get a puppy and expect all your stuff to survive unscathed!

1 comment: