Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teething!

nomming an ice cube
Kai is definitely loosing some teeth!  I noticed yesterday at lunch that he was missing both of his upper front teeth and one bottom fang, in addition to his lower front tooth.  I guess the teeth all decided to start coming out at once!  He did seem more tired than normal yesterday, too... when I opened his crate during lunch, he did his customary strrretch front and back, walked out, and then turned around and went back in.  He's still eating fine, though.  I gave him an ice cube, which he had fun with, and also some old dish rags which I soaked in water, knotted, and froze.

so sleepy, and naked!

Chris took Kai's collar off so that we could give him a good brushing.  I ordered a harness for him, so hopefully that will fit and Kai won't mind it so much.  Kai's puppy collar is getting too small for him, anyway.  I also bought him a martingale collar, but I sort of think he might hate that. 

We will be taking Kai on his first camping trip this weekend.  I really hope it goes ok!  Kai will have to pretty much be on a leash or tie out all weekend, since we can't trust him to hang around on his own.  He's too young to really do any hiking or anything, so this will be an extremely leisurely trip... most likely just hanging around the campsite and the beach.  Should be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if we are going to find little teeth in Vinny's fur....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does your kitty like the new pup?

    ReplyDelete