Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

14.5 weeks handsome
Kai has been pretty good this week... which makes for a less interesting blog, I know, but a calmer home.  He is 14 1/2 weeks old, though, and I know that something traumatic is right around the corner:  teething.  From what I've read, it sounds like 15 weeks is the average age for Shibas to start teething.  He has wanted to chew everything in sight ever since we got him, so I have no idea how him teething will be!

I guess I can say that his ears are officially "up"
 now.  In this photo, they certainly are up.  The tips of the ears, however, still flop much of the time, and I've noticed that his ears tend to flop more when he's tired.  he's looking like a little man these days, although he still has his puppy fur, and definitely his puppy attitude.

Buster cube fun!
I am so happy that Kai finally figured out how to play with his Buster cube!  I bought this toy for him before he even came home, since I had read so many good things about it.  But at 8 weeks old, I guess he wasn't ready to play with it yet.  He was not even a little bit interested in it.  So I put it away until a few days ago, when I decided to try again.  I put some of his kibble in it and gave it to him.  At first, he was trying to get his mouth around it (it's too big for that).  Then he started licking the hole where the kibble gets loaded into.  I showed him how to roll the cube around to get the kibble out.  He got it after a couple of demonstrations, and was fully occupied in getting the rest of the kibble out for the next 20 minutes.  I think it may be his new favorite toy!  (I think it may be MY new favorite toy, too, since he can play with it on his own!)

No comments:

Post a Comment