Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Here Comes the "Stuff"

Our $280 worth of doggie items are arriving from Amazon.  Here's what we have so far:


(the treat bag on the right is for my cat, Molly.  I didn't want her to feel left out.  I don't usually give her treats, but she may need some after Kai arrives!)

Still en route is a crate, doggie playpen, bedding, food and water bowls, and more toys.  I can't actually remember.  I ordered so much stuff.  SO MUCH STUFF.  Exciting!

And we are getting some work done around the house to prepare for Kai's arrival.  The biggest thing we are doing is installing an iron gate across the driveway so that our backyard is completely fenced in.  I am super excited about this gate-- it's something I've wanted to put in for a very long time.  We also hired gardeners to clean up the yard and remove a bunch of unwanted shrubbery.  They started work yesterday, and the yard already looks 100x better than it did. 

Of course, all of this costs more money, not to mention the $1200 we are forking over for the puppy himself! 

You may notice that all these dog items are displayed on a piano bench, and if you're really observant you might see a hint of what is a double bass in the right hand corner of the photo.  These instruments are some of my other "babies" and I really, really hope that none of them fall victim to a teething puppy!  I vow to NOT let that happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment